top of page


In January 2018, the California Alcoholic Beverage Control ("ABC") released an INDUSTRY ADVISORY that addressed some general Q & A regarding cannabis and specifically how it relates to Alcoholic Beverage licensees. Covered in the memo were topics such as possible issues with holding licenses in both industries, wine and food pairings, and alcoholic beverage product infusions.

The ABC instructs readers that although there are no conflicts that prohibit a person from manufacturing or selling alcoholic beverages as well as being able to grow, process or sell cannabis, all potential licensees would still be required to complete the same licensing requirements under either the ABC or Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act ("MAUCRSA").

The advisory also warns readers to seek legal advice before engaging in business involving either alcoholic beverages or cannabis.

(*More: Read recent blog post on TTB labeling of CBD Beer if you are interested)

A copy of the complete Industry Advisory can be viewed on the ABC's website by clicking on this LINK.

6 views0 comments


bottom of page